Homework!

I have been so busy this week that I have put off my first real Homework assignment from “Blogger Friend School” so that I could really think about what to write. The main reason I have delayed is because I am supposed to write about my “feelings” this first week of school.

Now, I have to confess that my “feelings” about Homeschooling have changed about a million times and sometimes, from minute to minute, this week!

Through all the ups and downs of trying out new books, getting back into a routine and trying to keep up with all the extracurricular things (such as cooking supper), my mind has composed and discarded numerous posts on my “feelings” about Homeschooling.

Some of them ended with “no way can I post that!”

The opportunity to teach my children at home is a blessing and a challenge. Through the years I have been encouraged by some lovely folks’ compliments about my dear children’s behavior and their talents. I have had the blessing of seeing them grow in a desire to serve the Lord, as well as seeing them grow intellectually. We have enjoyed the blessing of God’s provision when it was needed in all areas of our life, from our daily schedule, to our daily bread. We have had the blessing of learning to do without some material things and the blessing of learning to be  better stewards of the things the Lord had given us too!

As I survey what I have written here about our years of homeschooling, it comes to my mind, that the “flip-side” of every blessing, was the challenge part.

Those things that we struggled through together, have taught us many important lessons. There have been tears and trials, but those things, the Lord has brought us through.

Ever faithful and true to his promises, He will continue to teach our family the things we need to know for this school year as well. I am grateful to the Lord Jesus;  for His “hands on” teaching methods have been just what we needed!

The verse that the Lord “gave me” as an encouragement at the beginning of this journey nine years ago is

Proverbs 24:3 and 4

“By Wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge it’s rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. “

About these ads
About

Hi - I am a copy writer and editor and a small business owner. I am editor for The Homeschool Journal, and the online news outlet, Homeschool-ology. I am a former classroom teacher and currently a Home Educator. I serve as President of Friends of the Davie County Public Library, 501 c.3 , and I am the adult adviser for several youth led organizations. My family's lifestyle includes lots of creativity. W enjoy natural and simple living, organic gardening, reading, art, all kinds of music, and french foil fencing.

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized
7 comments on “Homework!
  1. CrossView says:

You covered it well! =D
    I love the idea of cooking being extracurricular….

2. homeschoolshelter says:

I enjoyed your post. So true…always two sides of every coin. It's so great that with Christ we can see how the good is worked through any difficulty.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

3. Tweety says:

For dropping by. It was really nice reading your assignment to. I think I am going to really like being in 'school' and making new friends.

4. RebeccaC says:

I enjoyed reading your post!

I understand the emotional rollercoaster! We have good days and crazy days and some days the good days are crazy! ;^) I look forward to reading future assignments!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog! :^)

Have a great weekend!

5. Anonymous says:

I think that we would all say that our feelings about homeschooing change week to week, day to day and sometimes minute to minute. Just like you said though, the Lord gets us through. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Kerri

6. nancysnook says:

I really liked reading your post! I've had those weeks too where we were so numb from exhaustion that we couldn't feel anything. Thank you for sharing with us about your experience.

Mrs. Nancy
    BFS Teacher

7. ApplesofGold says:

Oh, I LOVE that verse! I've read several of these assignments now and it seems we all have made mention of the blessings and the challenges. I really enjoyed reading your assignment! Thank you for sharing so openly! Holly

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Creative Jumble

Hi ~ I am Merit K~
Life can become just a jumble of activities. I am glad you took time from your busy day to stop for a visit at my “home-on-the-web"!

Let's share some creative ideas for home management, homeschooling, and healthy living.

CLICK on my Profile to contact me!

photo CJ Logo Spring Colors_zpst9q4mmkl.png

Join 2,544 other followers

CONNECT WITH ME ON LinkedIn
NCHE CONFERENCE BLOG TEAM
Mountain Rose Herbs. A Herbs, Health & Harmony Com
$10 DISCOUNT – USE MY CODE STMMMS2872

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,544 other followers